During the winter season, Chamonix has quite a few beginner ski areas for children.
Need a few lessons? Check out below links to Ski Shools and Ski Instructors.
Childrens Day Care and Ski School Ski
- Les Grands Montets has a childrens day care and ski school.
- In Chamonix town center the ESF Chamonix offers: Le Savoy, just by the Parking Saint-Michel, T. +33 (0)4 50 53 19 61 or T. +33 (0)4 50 55 90 17
and Les Planards: just 5 mins walking from the Chamonix main square. Huge free car parking. T. +33 (0)4 50 55 82 41
Snow Sleds for Kids
There are quite a few areas in Chamonix that are very Children friendly. Just buy a sledge in any sports shop in town and head for one of these place:
- The Planards (Chamonix Town)
- Le Savoy (Chamonix Town)
- The Paragliding landing area (Chamonix Town)
- La Vormaine (at Le Tour)
- La Poya (Vallorcine)
Husky Dog Sledding
You can also for a husky ride
! An unforgettable experience and fun for the whole family.
Chamonix Ski Schools and Ski Instructors
our Chamonix.net listing for ski schools ans independent ski instructors
IMPORTANT! Children in the mountains:
You may not know that children are very susceptible to altitude.
- If your children have a cold and have blocked sinuses avoid taking them up lifts.
- Children under 3 should not go above 2000m (specifically this means you should not take them up the second part of the Aiguille du Midi lift.)
- Children 3-12 can go higher, but avoid lots of physical activity.