The Ultra Trail of the Mont Blanc starts in Chamonix, on the French side of Mont Blanc. This part of the circuit is the friendliest: beautiful valleys, forest paths, mellow curves and an incomparable flora.
Then, a balcony-style path unveils the Italian side. This part of the trail is bordered by a fierce and dark rock face, bristling with peaks. After the Italian Val Ferret, the Swiss Val Ferret offers a return to a friendlier view of the mountains.
The Mont-Blanc area, a unique and genuine region, invites you, in the course of this hike, to discovery its varied and majestic scenery. You will be astonished with the impressive massif of the Mont-Blanc, omnipresent in front of your gaze throughout the circuit.
The Competitions of the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB)
- The Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc - about 163 km and 9,400 m of altitude change - 46 hours maxi
- The Courmayeur/Champex/Chamonix (CCC) - about 96 km and 5,600 m of altitude change - 25 hours maxi
- The Traces des Ducs de Savoir (TDS) - 105 km and 6700m uphill
- The Orsières/Champex/Chamonix (OCC) - 53 km & 3300m D+
- La Petite Trotte à Leon (PTL)
- Youth Chamonix/Courmayeur (YCC) - 15km & 1100m D+ (for youngsters from 15 to 19 years old)
Even if you are not a racer, come and cheer on these courageous athletes. More info about the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB):
For up to the minute info, please visit the official Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB) website: www.ultratrailmb.com.