Geneva Airport is ths closest airport, just one hour on a fast and easy road. To use the Swiss motorway to bypass Geneva town centre, a Vignette is required. It is slower to drive through the city to access the French auto-route. French auto-route tolls approximately €6 each way (2012 Prices). Look here
for airlines flying to Geneva.
- Chambery Airport near Aix Les Bains is about 1:30 hrs with weekend UK return flights in the Winter season. Click here to see the companies flying to Chambery.
- Lyon is further south than Chambery. Allow 2:45 hrs transfer time. Check here for companies flying to this aiport
- Annecy airport is 1:15hrs from Chamonix, with direct flights from Paris only.
- Grenoble is a bit further at 2:45hrs from Chamonix
- Milan, Italy is 3:45 hrs driving from Chamonix, and you have to go through the Mont Blanc Tunnel. In Milan there are three aiports: Malpensa
, Orio al Serio
. Click on each airport to see the airlines companies flying there.
From the UK to Chamonix (Direct Flights from the UK)
- EasyJet - the great low cost carrier.
Flying to Geneva from Belfast, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Gatwick, Southend, Stansted, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle. London Gatwick flies to Turin in Italy which is a 1hr45mins drive to Chamonix, Luton flies to Milan Malpensa in Italy which is 2hr45mins drive to Chamonix.
- Aerlingus - Flies from Dublin to Geneva as well as Lyon.
- British Airways - Flies from London to GVA, Lyon and Grenoble. A dozen daily flights to GVA.
- BMI Air - Birmingham, Cardiff, East Midlands, Manchester to GVA - London Heathrow, Manchester to Lyon
- Jet2 - Leeds Bradford, Manchester from £ return to GVA
- Swiss Air - from Heathrow and London City (SWISS has up to 8 daily flights to Geneva)
- Air France - flies to Geneva from numerous UK cities.
From other countries to Chamonix
Apart from the scheduled flights into Geneva you can also find low cost flights like...
- Easy Jet Airlines - the great low cost carrier (some of the flights only operate in the summer)
Flies from the following countries to Geneva Airport - 1hr transfer from Geneva Airport to Chamonix:-
From Spain: flying to Geneva from Alicante, Asturias, Barcelona, Bilbao, Ibiza, Madrid, Majorca, Malaga, Santiago de Compostela, Seville
From Netherlands: flying to Geneva from Amsterdam
From Greece: flying to Geneva from Athens, Heraklion, Mykonos
From Germany: flying to Geneva from Berlin
From Denmark: flying to Geneva from Copenhagen
From Croatia: flying to Geneva from Dubrovnik and Split
From Portugal: flying to Geneva from Faro, Lisbon, Porto
From Egypt: flying to Geneva from Hurghada,Sharm El Sheikh
From Morocco: flying to Geneva from Marrakech
From Kosovo: flying to Geneva from Pristina
From Sweden: flying to Geneva from Stockholm
From Israel: flying to Geneva from Tel Aviv
From France: flying to Geneva from Bordeaux, Corsica, Nantes, Nice, Paris, Toulouse
From Italy: flying to Geneva from Brindisi, Naples, Sardinia, Sicily, Rome, Venice
for all other airlines flying to Geneva Airports
Check flights to Malpensa
airports in Milan,Italy - Ryanair, Easyjet, and other low cost airlines fly into these airports
From the US to Chamonix
There are many direct flights from the States to GVA that are reasonably priced. It is often cheaper to take direct flights to London with any large carrier and take a smaller carrier to mainland Europe. You can often get UK - GVA flights with easyJet for less than $100 if booked in advance. With a little planning ahead, most U.S.- Europe flights ''can'' be found for around $1000 or less (coach/economy) so keep on searching!
- American Airlines often has great deals to London and sometimes Geneva. With American , you can only use your Airmiles flying to Paris and Zurich. The connections to GVA can be purhcased separtely (probably cheaper with a different company).
- AirFrance: Around $1000 to GVA from as far as LA!
- U.S. Airways: Great deals from large hubs and very navigable site
- British Airways: Very competitive prices when booked in advance
- Continental: Competitive prices. Connections often made when not leaving from east coast.
- Air Canada: Some great deals to GVA but you will have at least one if not two connections.
From Stockhom to Chamonix
Brussels Airlines via Brussels
Scandinavian Airlines via Copenhagen
Swiss Air via Zurich
KLM via Amsterdam
Lufthansa often has good deals. No direct flights.
It is difficult to find flights from Sweden to GVA under 200EUR. If you can find a good deal to London, it is often cheaper to do the second leg from London with another carrier.
Sterling.dk has great deals to London but does not fly to GVA.
EasyJet always has competitive fares from London to GVA.
Online flight search engines are often a great way to go when looking for the best deal.
- Flight Search Engine
Light Aircraft to the Chamonix Valley
There is a small airport in Sallanches, 25 km from Chamonix
AMS Mont-Blanc Aviation + 33 (0) 4 50 58 08 99
Geneva International Airport
+41 (0) 22 7177111
Lyon International Airport
+33 (0) 8 26 800 826