Fishing in the Chamonix Valley
You must have a permit to fish in the lakes or in the rivers. You can buy a day or fortnightly permit at the Gaillands chalet, at the Saint Antoine Tobacconists in Les Houches, or at the tourist office in Servoz or Vallorcine. The guide to fishing in the Valley is also available in the Les Houches tourist office.
Lac des Chavants (in Les Houches)
- season runs from April 15th-October15th
- W-Su 9:00-12:00 and 15:00-19:00
- rods and bait available
- pay buy the kilo (8 euros)
- Contact: 06 80 64 5182
Lakes and Rivers in Servoz (Diosaz, Souay, Lac Vert)
- Contact: 06 80 36 7076 or the Servoz tourist office: 04 50 47 2168
Learning to Fish
- The local club, "Société de pêche et protection du milieu aquatique des Houches" (SPPMAH) offers Fishing initiation courses on Sundays.
- Contact the Chalet de la pêche at 06 80 36 7076