In the summer of 2010, an extraordinary festival was born with the purpose of combining excellent cosmic sounds with breathtaking landscapes.
The Cosmojazz festival will extend over 9 days and, as always, each day will consist of three moments.
1. Concerts Altitude
The Concerts in Altitude take place during the day at various beautiful and majestic sites that are will naturally blend in with the concerts.
The organizers try to incorporate each artist's music into the majestic site where they will be playing.
2. Chamonix Center Concerts
Each day from 5 pm there will be concerts in the centre of Chamonix.
The streets and square in the heart of Chamonix are invaded by amazing music.
3. Cosmo Jam'
The evening program starts from 9 pm, in the heart of Chamonix.
These late evening concerts aim at enhancing the city's cultural and architectural heritage, as well as emphasizing the mountain spirit that characterizes this city.
Several bars from Chamonix are welcoming musicians of all styles.
Throughout the festival, day or night, in the city or in the mountains, there will be, as always, unexpected Interventions.
The musicians are invited to go and discover the magical places of Chamonix and Mont-Blanc and play their music, whenever and wherever they feel inspired.
The public will be pleasantly surprised: in a cable car cabin; or in a cosmic alpine place; by the melodies of a flute; a voice singing; the breath of brass or Indian percussion, all in a place when they least expect it.
Program per day
- Saturday, 20th of July: SUN DEW.
- Sunday, 21st of July: ANDRÉ MANOUKIAN QUARTET & LES 100 CHORISTES, COTONETE.
- Tuesday, 23th of July: TRIO GARDEL, TRIO ABOZEKRYS, LAURENT COULONDRE, ELEPHANT TONE.
- Wednesday, 24th of July: ERIK TRUFFAZ & THOMAS DE POURQUERY: COSMOS, JULIEN MARGA QUARTET, BAKOS, ANTHONY JAMBON GROUP, THOMAS DE POURQUERY “SUPERSONIC”.
- Thursday, 25th of July: JOCE MIENNIEL - BABEL, DELVON LAMARR ORGAN TRIO, BAKOS, HYPNOTIC BRASS ENSEMBLE.
- Friday, 26th of July: DORANTES & GARCIA-FONS, KOKOROKO, SOULEANCE DJ SET, JOACHIM HORSLEY, GUTS & LES AKARAS DE SCOVILLE.
- Saturday, 27th of July: NES, OBRADOVIC - TIXIER DUO, LAURENT DAVID & YVAN ROBILLARD, THÉO CROKER, SLY JOHNSON DJ SET, EL COMITÉ.
- Sunday, 28th of July: TRIO JOUBRAN, DOMI & JD BECK, LAURENT DAVID & YVAN ROBILLARD, ANTIBALAS.
Practical information & recommendations
The concerts are free but access to sites in altitude is not. Buy your lift pass online or at any desk of Compagnie du Mont-Blanc in advance. Check the prices and the schedule of all lifts.
The program might change in case of bad weather.
Check the locations of all the concerts.
Using buses, trains or car-pooling is highly encouraged, as the car parks at the bottom of the lifts will quickly become saturated. Check the schedules of the Chamonix buses and trains.
In altitude, the weather is unpredictable and changeable. Even in summer, it is good to bring warm and waterproof clothes. It is also strongly recommended to bring sunglasses, hats and suncream.
More information on www.cosmojazzfestival.com
Contact & additional info
Office du Tourisme de Chamonix: +33 (0)4 50 53 00 24, www.chamonix.com
Office du Tourisme des Houches: +33 (0)4 50 55 50 62, www.leshouches.com
Vallée du Trient Tourisme: +41 (0)27 721 68 40, valleedutrient-vallorcine.com