On Tuesday 11 October 2022, the elected officials from community of communes of the Chamonix Valley and association leaders gathered for the inauguration of ten viewpoints, places of observation and interpretation of the natural heritage, and five thematic trails.
Since 2016, the Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Valley has been committed to the “Espaces Valléens” project, with the objective to promote the diversification of summer tourism, based on the enhancement of the natural and cultural heritage of the territory.
For this project, several Chamonix associations have mobilized to help with documentary research and the choice of photos and illustrations.
Creation of 5 themed trails
Creation of 5 thematic trails with the character of Joseph Vallot as a common thread. The project is called "L'Aventure Climatique" and opens to the public on Saturday 22 October 2022.
- With hillside flowers (Servoz)
- The croëts in the forest (Les Houches)
- A very wild cortil (Chamonix)
- Go to Au (Vallorcine)
- Epilogue in Chamonix
Creation of 10 belvederes
- Alpage de Pormenaz: 3D table with showcases (Servoz)
- Head of the Fountain: two aiming totems (Servoz)
- Chailloux mountain pasture: panel on posts (Les Houches)
- Château St Michel: reading table and totem (Les Houches)
- Cerro viewpoint: reading table and aiming totem (Chamonix)
- Glaciers and Para stations: 4 wall panels (Chamonix)
- Hat viewpoint: reading table (Chamonix)
- Crête des Posettes: reading table (Vallorcine)
- Tête de la Chevrette: 360° orientation table (Vallorcine)
- Cross of Loriaz: wall panel (Vallorcine)
Restoration of the access path to the Brévent cabin site and creation of five desks.
The whole of this device is financed by the Community of communes of the valley of Chamonix with the assistance of the European Union (FEDER/Interregional program of the solid mass of the Alps) and of the Region Auvergne Rhône Alpes.
Source: @Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Town Hall