A dream of Corsica
An entertaining food and culture festival which has been returning to Chamonix yearly for the past 15 years, the Corsica Festival emerged in 2003 when Roland Beraud fell in love with the beautiful island and its rich culture.
"During an event at the cinema [...], I met José Giovanni, a famous Corsican director. Moved by the man [José Giovanni], the film and the Corsican songs I heard that night, during the discussion, I sensed in José the desire and the idea of doing something in Chamonix."
Roland Beraud, for Corse Net Infos
One year later, a whole Corsican delegation arrived in Chamonix and the success was irrefutable.
The audience was delighted and the rooms were full.
Longtime friendships were naturally formed and a new tradition developed in the Chamonix valley. The Corsica festival has been bringing the magic of the island every year to the Chamonix valley.
The Corsican festival in Chamonix in 2019
This Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively on the 5th, 6th and 7th of April, The Corsica festival will return to Chamonix.
A great weekend which is about sharing the colourful culture of the Corsica island.
Over 3500 people are expected every year to enjoy the majestic Corsican music while eating delicious food or shopping.
The festival will culminate with the group L'Attrachju, which celebrates its 20th anniversary. With this special occasion, the famous Corsican group will perform a great show on Saturday night at the Majestic.
Friday, April 5th:
- Sekli and Murgia, regulars of the Corsican Festival in Chamonix, will open the 15th edition of the Corsican Festival. They will play at 5.30 pm at the Maison des Artistes.
- Their concert will be followed by the official opening of the Festival and the buffet, starting from 7 pm.
Saturday, April 6th:
- 11 am: Cusenza Group Concert, Garmish Partenkirchen Square.
- Noon: concert Sekli and Murgia at the Bartavel restaurant.
- 2 pm: concert with Memoria, Place des Alpes.
- 4 pm: concert with Cusenza, Garmisch Partenkirchen square.
- 8.30 pm: concert the Attrachju, at the Majestic.
Sunday, April 7th:
- 11 am: concert with Memoria, Garmish Square Partenkirchen.
- Noon: concert with Sekli and Murgia at the Bartavel restaurant.
- 2 pm: concert with Cusenza, place des Alpes.
- 4.30 pm: concert with Memoria, Garmisch Partenkirchen Square.
- 19.30 closing of the festival at the brewery of M.