Chamonix will live again the rhythm of the trail running next weekend 24th and 25th September with the Trail des Aiguilles Rouges 2022!
Come and cheer on your favorites!
Initiated in 2006 by the CMBM (Chamonix Mont-Blanc Marathon, the running club of Chamonix), the Trail des Aiguilles Rouges become an attraction for all the big names in trail-running and a real satisfaction for all lovers of nature and mountains.
16th edition of the Trail des Aiguilles Rouges
This year, the festivities will begin on Saturday 24 September 2022, at 1:30 p.m., on the Place du Triangle de l'Amitié, where a lounge for the partners of the event will take place until 6 p.m.
The TAR - Trail of the Aiguilles Rouges - 25 Sept 2022
A course of about 54 km and 4000 meters of elevation gain. Maximum number of runners: 650.
Race Sequence: Departure Chamonix - La Flégère - Tête aux vents - Col des Montets - Le Buet - Cascade de Bérard - Col de Salenton - Refuge de Moëde-Anterne - Le Souay - Servoz center - Montvauthier - Les Peutets - Plan Benoi - Chalets de Chailloux - Merlet - Gaillands - Arrival Chamonix.
TAR AFTERMOVIE - Trail des Aiguilles Rouges 2020
Le P'tit TAR - P'tit Trail des Aiguilles Rouges - 25 Sept 2022
A course of about 16 km and 1300 meters of elevation gain. Maximum number of runners: 350.
Race Sequence: Departure Chamonix - Point 1605 - Refuge de Bellachat - Merlet - Arrival Chamonix.
The Mini TAR - Tom's Trophy - 25 Sept 2022
A technical course of around 9 km and 640 meters of elevation gain, which will take the trailers to the slopes of the southern Chamoniard slope. Some portions are shared with the P'tit TAR.
Stages: Departure Chamonix - Point 1605 - Plan des Chablettes - Arrival Chamonix.
Where to see the runners (On TAR, 2 points accessible to the public by car):
Ptit TAR and Mini TAR: no easily accessible point, you have to walk!
Saturday 24 September 2022:
- 1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., in Chamonix (Place of the friendship triangle):
- Withdrawal of bibs (provide identity card)
- Afternoon animated by the presence of TAR partners
- Inquiry point
Sunday 25 September 2022:
Chamonix (Savoy Field):
- 3:45 a.m. – 4:15 a.m. Withdrawal of the last TAR bibs (provide identity card)
- 04:15: TAR briefing
- 04:30: departure from the TAR
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.: Withdrawal of the last P’tit TAR and Mini TAR bibs - Tom’s Trophy (provide valid identity card and health pass)
- 9:40 a.m.: P’tit TAR and Mini TAR briefing - Tom’s Trophy
- 09:45: departure of the Mini TAR - Tom's Trophy
- 10:00 a.m.: departure from the P'tit TAR
- From 10:30 a.m.: arrival of the first runners
- 12:00 p.m.: opening of the post-race buffet (included in the entry fees)
- 1:30 p.m.: P’tit TAR and Mini TAR prize giving - Tom’s Trophy
- 4:00 p.m.: TAR prize giving
- 6:15 p.m.: arrival of the last runners.
All day: entertainment with the presence of TAR partners, info point, shop
You can follow all the results on LiveTrail, an app dedicated to trail running.