While the UTMB® 2020 was cancelled because of the health crisis, preparations are already in place for the 2021 edition.
The UTMB 2021 will have 7 races:
- the UTMB® (170 km, 10,000 m D +)
- the CCC® (101 km, 6,100m D +)
- the TDS® (145 km, 9,100 m D +)
- the OCC (55 km, 3,500 m D +)
- the PTL® (300 km, 25,000 m D +)
- the MCC (40 km, 2,300 m D +)
- the YCC (15km, 1,200 m D +)
The registration for the UTMB® will not open in December as usual but in January and February 2021.
“We are happy to be able to project ourselves towards 2021. This year leaves a bitter taste to all. [..] Of course, we hope to reconnect with the event dimension of UTMB® Mont-Blanc, to find all those faces, these emotions and this energy that is in the air during the last week of August around Mont-Blanc. By communicating about the registration process, we provide the necessary information to runners to allow them to make their choice with clarity. In this sense, registrations are a crucial moment in the organization of the event, one where everyone can freely engage", said Catherine Poletti, president of UTMB Group, in a statement released on 16 November 2020.
The different registration phases
Phase 1 (From 7 to 17 January 2021): immediate registration
- UTMB®, CCC®, TDS®, OCC and PTL® runners registered in 2020
- Runners who have acquired enough Running Stones in 2020
Phase 2 (From 21 to 28 January 2021): pre-registration for the draw
- UTMB®, CCC®, TDS® and OCC runners refused in 2019 and 2020 on the same race
Phase 3 (From 4 to 11 February 2021): pre-registration for the draw
- UTMB®, CCC®, TDS®, and OCC and PTL® runners who do not have access to phases 1 and 2 (subject to availability)
Sources @Le Dauphine, www.utmbmontblanc.com