- Les Grands Montets has a children day care and ski school.
- In Chamonix town centre the ESF Chamonix offers: Le Savoy, just by the Parking Saint-Michel, T. +33 (0)4 50 53 19 61 or T. +33 (0)4 50 55 90 17 and Les Planards: just 5 mins walking from the Chamonix main square. Huge free car parking. T. +33 (0)4 50 55 82 41
- The Planards (Chamonix Town)
- Le Savoy (Chamonix Town)
- The Paragliding landing area (Chamonix Town)
- La Vormaine (at Le Tour)
- La Poya (Vallorcine)
IMPORTANT! Children in the mountains:
You may not know that children are very susceptible to altitude.
- If your children have a cold and have blocked sinuses avoid taking them up lifts.
- Children under 3 should not go above 2000m (specifically this means you should not take them up the second part of the Aiguille du Midi lift.)
- Children 3-12 can go higher, but avoid lots of physical activity.
- A comfortable, light helmet that complies with European Standards, with air vents if possible, since children tend to get hot quickly.
- Googles that fit on the helmet properly (test this before you go out skiing). Choose the lens according to weather conditions (fog or sunshine).
- Put a comfortable pair of sunglasses (protection level 4) in your child's pocket for lunch on a terrace.
- A packet of paper handkerchiefs and cereal bars for elevenses.
- A tube of sun cream with a high protection factor and a lip balm (mountain UV protection)
- Parent's mobile number written inside the ski jacket.