The Chamonix valley is home to one of the largest indoor climbing walls in France.
There are 4 indoor climbing walls in the Chamonix Valley. Three of them are located in Chamonix and another one in Les Houches. The climbing wall from les Houches, is certainly the best, and is open to all. As well as this one, Chamonix town has 3 climbing walls - 2 private (ENSA and EMHM) where a subscription is mandatory, and a public one situated at Richard Bozon Ice Rink, which is more like a boulder-room.
Mont Blanc Escalade - Les Houches
Mont Blanc Escalade, located in the Industrial area of Trabets close to Les Houches, is the main public climbing wall in the Chamonix valley, open since November, 2000.
The climbing space includes:
- more than 100 routes for all levels for a climbing area of 1.250 m².
- From 4 to 8c up to 22m of length.
- height: 16 meters, width: 21m and an overhang of 9 meters.
- corners and slabs to suit everyone's ability.
- walls specifically for children.
- courses offered by special instructors for everyone - from children to adults.
- canyoning and via ferrata trips for the day or half day.
- equipment rental - all the equipment required can be hired on site.
- changing room facilities, showers and a refreshment area.
From 9 June 2021 the climbing wall is open to all!
The sanitary protocol in the climbing room:
- • wearing a mandatory mask (remove it only to climb the tracks),
- • respect for distances
- • powdered magnesia / pof bag prohibited (in all climbing rooms in France).
- • single use of liquid magnesia!
Every day from 12 noon to 10pm
On weekends from 10am to 7pm
|Tél: +33 4 50 54 76 48|
|Christmas school holidays: the public climbing wall is open from 10am.||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
There is a heavy influx on rainy days, call before coming to the room, to check available seats!