The Chamonix valley is home to one of the largest indoor climbing walls in France.
There are 4 indoor climbing walls in the Chamonix Valley. Three of them are located in Chamonix and another one in Les Houches. The climbing wall from les Houches, is certainly the best, and is open to all. As well as this one, Chamonix town has 3 climbing walls - 2 private (ENSA and EMHM) where a subscription is mandatory, and a public one situated at Richard Bozon Ice Rink, which is more like a boulder-room.
Mont Blanc Escalade - Les Houches
Mont Blanc Escalade, located in the Industrial area of Trabets close to Les Houches, is the main public climbing wall in the Chamonix valley, open since November, 2000.
The climbing space includes:
- more than 100 routes for all levels for a climbing area of 1.250 m².
- From 4 to 8c up to 22m of length.
- height: 16 meters, width: 21m and an overhang of 9 meters.
- corners and slabs to suit everyone's ability.
- walls specifically for children.
- courses offered by special instructors for everyone - from children to adults.
- canyoning and via ferrata trips for the day or half day.
- equipment rental - all the equipment required can be hired on site.
- changing room facilities, showers and a refreshment area.
From 9 June 2021 the climbing wall is open to all!
The sanitary protocol in the climbing room:
- • wearing a mandatory mask (remove it only to climb the tracks),
- • respect for distances
- • powdered magnesia / pof bag prohibited (in all climbing rooms in France).
- • single use of liquid magnesia!
Every day from 12 noon to 10pm
On weekends from 10am to 7pm
|Tél: +33 4 50 54 76 48|
|Christmas school holidays: the public climbing wall is open from 10am.||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
There is a heavy influx on rainy days, call before coming to the room, to check available seats!
Chamonix Climbing wall - Richard Bozon
Bouldering Wall: situated in the Centre Sportif Richard Bozon. Entry costs 4 euros to this small and well-designed room of 180m² with 800 holds. It's a good place to meet local climbers of all nationalities. A swim will cost you more. Showering facilities available.
Opening hours: CLOSED to the public!
For more info, call: +33 4 50 53 23 70 or just click here
E.N.S.A. Wall (National School of Skiing and Mountaineering)
The climbing wall ENSA is private. For climbing it is necessary to be a member at the National School of Skiing and Mountaineering. As ENSA has a partnership with the Sports Club of Chamonix (Section Escalade) its door are open for club members 3 times a week. Just one requirement: you need to be a member of the local Club des Sports to gain access. For registration click here
Opening times: open for sports club members three evenings a week during winter season only
Contact and more info: +33 4 50 55 30 30
EMHM Wall (École Militaire de Haute Montagne)
The climbing wall of EMHM is also private. It belongs to the French army. The room is very well equipped. You will find climbing there walls of 6 meters high, some block areas, but also a small fitness room.
In order to use this climbing space a registration at the Sports Club of EMHM is necessary.
More info: +33 4 50 53 76 99
Other Climbing Walls near Chamonix
- Climbing wall from Megeve Sports Centre
Leading Wall: This wall is at one end of a typical sports and badminton hall. Just enter the "Palais des Sports", walk to the end, turn left across the bridge by the Ice-rink and then go downstairs and start climbing. A staff member comes round and collect 4,60 euros every few hours. It is a 40min drive from Chamonix.
Opening times: From 14 June to 2 July 2021, open every day
Monday to Friday: 4pm to 9pm;
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 2pm to 7pm;
Opening times: From 3 July au 5 September 2021, open every day
Lundi au vendredi : 3pm to 9pm;
Samedi, dimanche et jours fériés : 2pm to 7pm
Contacts and information: +33 4 50 21 15 71 or www.megeve.com
- Vitam Climbing Wall - Anemasse
The Climbing wall is open!
At only 1 hour by car from Chamonix (direction Geneva)At the heart of a unique architectural design surrounded by bay windows and bathed in light, discover Vitam's climbing zone, an ideal playground with:
- 160 climbing routes for all abilities. A unique destination in the Haute-Savoie region!
- 14m x 18m built-up climbing walls
- 2 bouldering areas
- qualified instructors at your side to introduce you to the discipline and give you the best climbing advice and guidance
Opening times: Monday to Friday: from 12 noon to 10:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: from 10am to 7pm
Vitam bonus: one route is changed every day!
Contacts et informations: www.vitam.fr/en