The «spring like» temperatures we are experiencing do not allow us to make sufficient quantities of snow, despite the will and efficient work of the Grands Montets piste service. The weather forecast still seems unfavourable until the end of next week when a change in the weather is hoped for.
The 50 cm of snow to be found at the top of Les Grands Montets at 3300 m and the steep slope of the glacier, very different from the flat glaciers of other high altitudes resorts, do not guarantee safe conditions sufficient to accommodate our customers.
The opening of this area planned for 3 December has therefore been postponed pending new snowfall.
Further information will follow in the next few days.
Have a nice day.