5 years after the ban ... Chamonix has finally obtained authorization again
A new municipal decree regulates the practices of paralpinism and BASE jumping
Download the PDF of the municipal decree
According to the municipal decree, signed on 16 September 2021, by Éric Fournier the mayor of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, it is authorized the practice of paralpinism and BASE Jump in the Mont-Blanc massif as defined:
- a - Take off (exit) North face of the Aiguille de Chamonix from the area between the Col du Plan (South-West) and the Aiguille de la République (North-East)
- b - Take-off (exit) between Mont-Blanc du Tacul and Mont Maudit
The landing in the Chamonix Valley must be done exclusively in the areas defined below:
- exit a: downstream area of the Grépon paravalanche (Planards sector)
- exit b: Taconnaz paravalanche
It's forbidden :
- to jump directly from and near the ski lifts (Aiguille du Midi and Brévent cable cars).
- to land at the bottom of the valley, except the dedicated areas (Grepon and Taconnaz avalanches).
- to jump in July and August in the exclusion zone of the massif (Ministerial Decree LF-R30 B).
- to jump in fly-by (person / buildings / structures).
Avoid incidents with helicopters flying in the valley! Please call just before jumping
The Gendarmes of the PGHM of Chamonix Phone: +33 4 50 53 16 89
Chamonix Mont Blanc Helicopter company (CMBH) Phone: +33 4 50 54 13 82
Check visually for other aircrafts and paragliders
No fly-by (people/buildings/structures)
Safety Landing Sites :
Respect the opening limit zone : ban on entering less than 600m from the urban area without opened the parachute.
- For the exits from the Col du Plan to the Aiguille de la République use only the landing site A.
- For the exits from the Col du Midi to the Aiguille du Gouter use only the landing site B
Please check the maps in our photo gallery.
Source : @La Chamoniarde and @Le Dauphine