This beautiful collection was donated to Les Houches by Mr. Albert Laprade, an eminent architect and urban planner, a member of the Institute who dedicated his life to protecting Chamonix's rich heritage.
It continues to grow thanks to the generosity of many donors. This museum is housed in one of the oldest houses in the village center, in the contemporary Baroque church (1750); it has the appearance of a traditional farm, it was built for the use of a brotherhood, the so-called "confrerie" (association composed of clergy men and laity) that in 1750, occupied the ground floor for meetings or potlucks.
New: The museum has expanded! Additional 80 m²: permanent exhibition, new kiosk, video projections, mediation room.
The association "Dans L'Temps" is no longer the manager of the museum, this task has been the responsibility of the Community of Municipalities of the Chamonix Valley since 2013, although the association remains an indispensable support of the museum, especially for temporary exhibitions.
The Montagnard Museum has resumed its usual opening hours:
School holidays: from Wednesday to Friday from 2:00 pm to 6pm;
July - August : every day except Tuesday from 2:30pm to 6pm. Due to the current health recommendations, reservations are no longer required to visit the museum.
Closed on 1st January. 1st May and 25 December
During your visit, please respect health recommendations:
- Health Pass mandatory
- hand washing at the entrance
- wear a mask (from 6 years old)
- respect the safety distances in the rooms
Standard ticket (Adults): €4,00
Reduced ticket (visitors with a guest card, for seniors and resident card holders) : €3,00
Free admission for visitors under 18 (museum visit in family)
Annual Museum Pass: €12
You can buy an annual museum pass for all the museums (Espace Tarraiz, Alpine Museum, Maison de la Memoire du Patrimoine in Chamonix, Montagnard Museum in Les Houches, Maison du Lieutenant in Servoz and Maison de Barberine in Vallorcine) which allows you unlimited access for 1 year.
More info and reservation: email@example.com
Tel: +33 7 60 04 14 26
"LE CHRIST-ROI DU MONT-BLANC" until 31 mai 2022
Find out the historical and technical aspects of the Christ-the-King statue above Les Houches thanks to a collection of photographs, newspapers and various testimonies.
Guided tours and History of the exhibition
- Thursday 30 December from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- From 10 years old / On reservation / Price: entrance fee to the museum
of the exhibition and the statue with the association Dans l'temps
- Mondays April 11, 25 and 2nd May 2022 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- From 10 years old / On reservation / Price: entrance fee to the museum / Bring an outfit adapted to the weather + walking shoes
Family workshops GRASS STATUS
- Tuesday 28 December from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Say, how do you build a statue?
- Discover the stages of the construction of Christ the King and model your own model.
- From 8 years old / On reservation / €4 per participant Info and reservations (the day before 5 p.m.): +33 (0) 7 60 04 14 26
Schedule CHRISTMAS VACATION
From 18 December 2021 to 3 January 2022
GUIDED TOUR THE MOUNTAIN OVER THE SEASONS:WINTER
- Guided tour of the permanent exhibitions © collection musée Montagnard
- Thursday 23 December from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Working with wool, wood ... The long winter months were not easy in the past! Discovery of the museum's collections over the seasons.
- From 8 years old / Reservations recommended / Price: entrance fee to the museum
FAMILY WORKSHOPS Family workshop Christmas balls BEST WISHES
- Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 29 December from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Take inspiration from the wooden objects in the museum to create a unique greeting card with pyrography!
- From 7 years old / On reservation / €4 per participant
- Wednesday December 22 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Discover the work of wool before using it to decorate your tree.
- From 5 years old / On reservation / €4 per participant
On request at reception during opening hours
- Keep an eye out for the museum's objects that will reveal their secrets to you!
- Free / From mastery of reading or with the help of an adult Info and reservations: +33 (0) 7 60 04 14 26
2, place de l'Eglise
74310 Les Houches
Tel: +33 7 60 04 14 26