An extreme engineering challenge which offers memorable experiences and takes visitors up to 3,500 m (11,482 ft), the Skyway Monte Bianco is ready to welcome travellers in complete safety.
However, not all services will be available, but the cabin travel experience, the Bistrot Panoramic at Pointe Helbronner with the possibility of lunch and bar, the Hangar 2173 museum, the exhibition dedicated to Paul Helbronner and the Solarium Terrace at the Pavilion will be open.
On 1 February, Italy relaxed the coronavirus restrictions in most of its regions, allowing greater freedom to travel and the daytime reopening of bars, restaurants and museums.
“The reopening of Skyway is an important restart signal for our region. Today more than ever, it is necessary to revive the beauties of the Aosta Valley, with the greatest respect for security protocols, and Skyway is symbolically the highest and most advanced expression of this ”, declares the advisor Luigi Bertschy.
Courmayeur Ski Resort is expected to reopen on Feb 15th 2021
Moreover, the Courmayeur ski area is expected to reopen on 15 February, with a restriction on the number of skiers per day. Reopening date to be confirmed.
Skyway Monte Bianco Opening Times
- First departure: 8.30 am;
- Last return from Punta Helbronner: 3.00 pm;
- Open from Thursday to Monday (closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays).
- Open all week from 15 to 21 February.
Skiing in Italy
At the moment, seasonal and yearly Mont-Blanc Unlimited ski pass holders will not be able to access the facilities, given the restrictions linked to attendance. Resident skiers and Italian secondary residents have priority.
Only mountain professionals holding a Professional Guides MBU year pass will be accepted upon installation and on presentation of the valid pass.
However, there is no prohibition for travelling from France to Italy, but you must have a form certifying the reason for the trip. Also, a recent negative PCR test is mandatory. In the event of an inspection, the penalty will be 135 €.
The Compagnie du Mont-Blanc hopes that a good evolution of the health situation after the school holidays will also allow the reopening of the Chamonix Valley facilities.
Rules for using the Skyway Monte-Bianco
- It is forbidden to use the ascent facility if you have symptoms of acute respiratory infection or if your body temperature is above 37.5 °;
- Mandatory reservations for the ascent and / or lunch on www.montebianco.com;
- Tickets must be purchased online on www.montebianco.com;
- You must arrive 15 minutes before the ascend with the online ticket and you must respect the time of the descent from Punta Helbronner, indicated on the online reservation;
- Mandatory mask-wearing throughout the Skyway Monte Bianco experience;
- Maintaining a social distance of one meter at all times is mandatory;
- You must disinfect your hands frequently, especially before entering the cabin, and you must avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Sources @ www.france24.com, Skyway Monte Bianco Press Release, Le Dauphine