Flights from the UK to Chamonix
There are no flights from the UK to Chamonix. The closest major airport is Geneva (GVA).
Flights from the UK to Geneva (GVA)
London is 471miles from Geneva and the flying time is typically about 1h40m.
From the UK to Geneva, the first flight leaves at 6am and the last one departs at 8.30pm.
From Geneva to the UK, first flight at 6.35am and last flight at 10.20pm.
In season, there are Direct Flights between Geneva (GVA) and the following Airports in the United Kingdom:
Belfast (BFS), Birmingham (BHX), Bournemouth (BOH), Bristol (BRS), Cambridge (CBG), Cardiff (CWL), City, London (LCY), Edinburgh (EDI), Exeter (EXT), Gatwick, London (LGW), Glasgow (GLA), Heathrow, London (LHR), Inverness (INV), Leeds/Bradford (LBA), Liverpool (LPL), Luton, London (LTN), Manchester (MAN), Newcastle (NCL), Nottingham (EMA), Southampton (SOU), Southend, London (SEN), Stansted, London (STN).
From GVA there are good connections to Chamonix.
There are also flights from the UK to Italy: from London Gatwick to Turin and from London Luton to Milan Malpensa.
Turin to Chamonix is a 1hr45m drive.
Milan (Malpensa) to Chamonix is 2hr45m drive.
Read more information about driving from Milan to Chamonix or Turin to Chamonix by car!
- EasyJet - the great low cost carrier. Flies to Geneva from Belfast, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Gatwick, Southend, Stansted, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle.
London Gatwick flies to Turin in Italy which is a 1hr45mins drive to Chamonix, Luton flies to Milan Malpensa in Italy which is 2hr45mins drive to Chamonix.
- British Airways - Flies from London City, Gatwick and Heathrow to GVA, and also Heathrow to Lyon. A dozen daily flights to GVA. They also operate codeshare flights for American Airlines and JAL.
- BMI Air - Flies from Bristol to Milan Malpensa, in Italy, which is 2hr45mins drive to Chamonix.
- Jet2 - Flies from Belfast, Leeds Bradford, East Meadlands, Manchester, Nottingham to Geneva (GVA).
- Swiss Air - Flies from London City, Gatwick, Heathrow to GVA (SWISS has up to 8 daily flights to Geneva). They also operate codeshare flights for United Airlines.
- Air France - Flies from Heathrow and London City to GVA via Paris or Amsterdam.
- Darwin Airlines - Flies from Cambridge to GVA. They also operate Codeshare flights for Alitalia.
- Flybe - Flies from Cardiff, Exeter, Inverness and Southampton to GVA.
Airtravel Search Engines
Online flight search engines are often a great way to go when looking for the best deal.
Light Aircraft to the Chamonix Valley
In Sallanche, there is a small airport 25 km from Chamonix. Contact: AMS Mont-Blanc Aviation + 33 (0) 4 50 58 08 99.
In Annemasse, there is Annemasse Aerodrome or Marcel Bruchon Aerodrome. This small airport is 13 km from GVA and 58 km from Chamonix. Contact: + 33 (0)4 50 37 12 75.
GVA - Chamonix connections
On arrival at GVA, take your pre-booked transfer to Chamonix. There are good conections and a great deal of companies that operate Private Transfers.
Contact Geneva International Airport: +41 (0) 227 177 111
If you are a citizen of the UK travelling to Switzerland, Visa is not required! Read more about Embassies & Visas on Direct Travel Insurance!
Many airline companies offer the possibility of online check-in from 24 hours up to 1 hour before the flight departs. Airport check-in closing times vary, so ensure you allow plenty of time.
Ensure you have read Luggage Regulations section on the website of the airline you're flying with! These vary according to each airline.
Need help for efficiently organizing your luggage? Here are packing tips from British Airways.