Chamonix has a bus system which runs up and down the Valley and serves the various ski resorts and hiking areas. All lines pass by the Chamonix Sud Bus Stop, make a circuit in Chamonix and then connect the town with other 4 communes: Les Houches, Servoz, Argentiere, Vallorcine.
The base fleet, which operates all year round, is made up of two electric shuttle buses, six Euro 6 standard vehicles and six hybrid buses. A third electric shuttle bus is to be acquired in 2018. A 100% electric 12m standard vehicle was tested in real operating conditions at the end of this winter, with a view to the official delivery of a vehicle of this type in 2020.
There is a year-round service and a winter season service. In high season, there is rarely a waiting time longer than 20 minutes. Normally heavy snowfall is not a problem for the buses, as they are well equipped. On the other hand, when it snows a lot in Chamonix the roads can get pretty messy for cars, some of which may be lacking the proper equipment, and the high volume of cars raises the pollution levels, so leave your car at home and take advantage of this free bus service.
- Line 1 - the bus runs every 30 minutes all year round, every day from 6:12am to 8:44pm.
- Line 2 - the bus runs every 30 minutes, every day from 6:19am to 8:53pm.
- Line 3 serve the route Chamonix-Servoz, every day, four times per day, from 7:20am to 6:29pm.
- The Servoz shuttle runs everyday from 8:54am to 6:09pm.
- Le Mulet runs everyday, from 8am to 7:15pm, every 10 minutes in winter.
- The "Chamo’Nuit" line runs 4 services per evening, between 8:50pm and midnight, from Les Houches to Argentière via Chamonix.
Here you can see the entire Chamonix Bus Network.
Timetable and Bus Frequency Winter 2017-2018
To check the bus timetables until 22nd December 2017 included, click here
Below you'll find the timetables valid from 23rd December 2017:
Express Line 11 : Chamonix - Les Grands Montets
Express Line 12 : Chamonix - Le Tour
Line 13 : Les Îles - Le Tour
Line 14 : Le Brévent - Les Planards
Line 15 : Chamonix - Les Houches
Line 16 : Les Houches shuttle
Line 17 : Le Brévent - Le Grépon
Line 18 : Vallorcine shuttle