Chamonix has a bus system which runs up and down the Valley and serves the various ski resorts and hiking areas. All lines pass by the Chamonix Sud Bus Stop, make a circuit in Chamonix and then connect the town with other 4 communes: Les Houches, Servoz, Argentiere, Vallorcine.
The base fleet, which operates all year round, is made up of two electric shuttle buses, six Euro 6 standard vehicles and six hybrid buses. A third electric shuttle bus was acquired in 2018. A 100% electric 12m standard vehicle was tested in real operating conditions at the end of this winter, with a view to the official delivery of a vehicle of this type in 2020.
There is a year-round service and a winter season service. In high season, there is rarely a waiting time longer than 20 minutes. Normally heavy snowfall is not a problem for the buses, as they are well equipped. On the other hand, when it snows a lot in Chamonix the roads can get pretty messy for cars, some of which may be lacking the proper equipment, and the high volume of cars raises the pollution levels, so leave your car at home and take advantage of this free bus service.
- Line 1 - the bus runs every 30 minutes all year round, every day from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm, except for Sundays and holidays during off-season, when there will be 1 bus each hour.
- Line 2 - the bus runs every 30 minutes, every day from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm, except for Sundays and holidays during off-season, when there will be 1 bus each hour.
- Line 3 serve the route Chamonix-Servoz, every day, three times per day, adapted to school hours.
- The Servoz shuttle runs everyday from 7:00am to 7:04pm.
- Le Mulet runs everyday, from 8am to 7:15pm, every 10 minutes.
- The "Chamo’Nuit" line runs 4 services per evening, between 8:50pm to midnight, both in winter and in summer. It is possible to take this bus in off-season, but reservation is required. Do not hesitate to call 04 50 53 05 55 until 4 pm to book your trip for the next day. In high season, no reservation is required.
- Line 6 is Servoz's internal shuttle. It circulates all year long.
Here you can see the entire Chamonix Bus Network.
Timetable and Bus Frequency 2019
Below you'll find the timetables valid from 22st December 2018 throughtout whole year of 2019: