Chamonix has a bus system which runs up and down the Valley and serves the various ski resorts and hiking areas. All lines pass by the Chamonix Sud Bus Stop, make a circuit in Chamonix and then connect the town with other 4 communes: Les Houches, Servoz, Argentiere, Vallorcine.
The base fleet, which operates all year round, is made up of two electric shuttle buses, six Euro 6 standard vehicles and six hybrid buses. A third electric shuttle bus was acquired in 2018. A 100% electric 12m standard vehicle was tested in real operating conditions at the end of this winter, with a view to the official delivery of a vehicle of this type in 2020.
There is a year-round service and a winter season service. In high season, there is rarely a waiting time longer than 20 minutes. Normally heavy snowfall is not a problem for the buses, as they are well equipped. On the other hand, when it snows a lot in Chamonix the roads can get pretty messy for cars, some of which may be lacking the proper equipment, and the high volume of cars raises the pollution levels, so leave your car at home and take advantage of this free bus service.
- Line 1 - the bus runs every 30 minutes all year round, every day from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm, except for Sundays and holidays during the off-season, when there will be 1 bus each hour.
- Line 2 - the bus Le Tour-Chamonix runs every 10-15 minutes, every day from 6:50 am to 8:20 pm, except for Sundays and holidays during the off-season, when there will be 1 bus each hour. The bus Chamonix - Le Tour runs every 30 minutes, from 7 am to 8.30 pm. Line 2B offers additional buses from Les Praz/Flégère to Le Tour, and from Les Grands Montets to Chamonix. Read more about additional buses for the winter season of 2019-2020 here.
- Line 3 serves the route Chamonix-Servoz, every day, four times per day, adapted to school hours.
- The Servoz shuttle (line 6) runs every day from 7:00 am to 7:04 pm.
- Le Mulet runs every day, from 8 am to 7:15 pm, every 12 minutes.
- The "Chamo’Nuit" line runs 4 services per evening, between 8:50 pm to midnight, both in winter and in summer. It is possible to take this bus in the off-season, but reservation is required. Do not hesitate to call 04 50 53 05 55 until 4 pm to book your trip for the next day. In high season, no reservation is required.
- Line 14 runs between Le Brévent and Les Planards, every day from 8 am to 6 pm, a bus every 20 minutes. Line 14 & 17 allows having a bus to Brevent or Chamonix every 10 minutes during rush hours.
- Line 15 takes you from Chamonix to Les Bosson and Les Houches. Line 15 offers 6 additional buses to Line 1.
- Line 16 is the Les Houches shuttle. It circulates daily between 8 am and 5.53 pm, with a frequency of around 35-40 minutes.
- Line 17 takes you from Le Brévent to Le Grépon. Line 14 & 17 allows having a bus to Brevent or Chamonix every 10 minutes during rush hours.
- Line 18 circulates daily and it represents Vallorcine shuttle. Six buses per day.
- Line 19 operates only during French school holidays, from 21 December to 5 January and from 8 February to 8 March 2020.
- Here you can see the entire Chamonix Bus Network.
Timetable and Bus Frequency 2020
Below you will find the timetables valid from 22 June to 18 December 2020:
Line 1 : Les Houches - Les Praz Flegere
Line 2 : Le Tour - Les Bossons
Line 3 : Chamonix - Servoz
Line 6 : Servoz shuttle
Line V1: Chamonix - Les Houches
Line V2: Chamonix - Le Tour
Line 21: Chosalets - Col des Montets